Individual Professional Counselling For Depression, Anxiety and Stress
Seeking help does not show that we are weak ... too often it shows that we have been too strong for too long.
Gateway Counselling specialises in supporting people to overcome:
- Panic Attacks
- Social Phobia's
Individual therapy is also available for :
( And other issues )
- Loss and Bereavement
- Relationship Issues
- Anger Management
- Unresolved Childhood Issues
- Life Changes
I also specialise in working with
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Traumatic Events
- Couples Therapy
(Gateway Counselling is not currently able to provide therapy for deeper mental health issues that may require more intensive medical treatment, such as schizophrenia, bi-polar disorders, multiple personalities, etc. Please seek medical advice or specialist counselling psychotherapy if you have not already done so).
In Individual therapy:
- You will have a chance to tell your story, possibly for the first time
- We will discuss what you want to change. It helps if you have specific goals in mind, but we can work on this.
- I will give you a brochure (if you haven't already received it) outlining our contract for working together. This includes some detail about therapy, confidentiality, payment, complaints, boundaries, guidelines and other such things.
- We will meet weekly for one hour to continue therapy
- I will teach you some easy to understand tools that will help put things into perspective
- We will discuss whatever you want to bring to each session
- We will work towards whatever goals we set together
- You will have a safe place to discuss whatever is bothering you and receive professional support and help at your own pace.
And finally, how much does this cost:
£40 per hour, payable at the beginning or end of each session.
This is professional counselling using a variety of professional tools alongside listening and talking and supporting you on your journey. We will be working towards mutually agreed goals with a clear end in sight. You will have access to all the notes and tools, which will support you not just in the sessions but for the rest of your life.
Most importantly of all... it works.
Please do use the Contact Me Here page to ask for more information or make your first appointment.
It could be the most important next step you ever take.