In 2015 are there some things worth giving up?
Here are twenty possibilities (which one will you choose?) ...
- Let go of Negative Attachments and Negative People ... you don't need them in your life.
- Let go of Guilt : either repair whatever is making you feel guilty, or let it go
- Let go of Negative Thinking ... has negative thinking about others got you what you want?
- Let go of Self Criticism : let this be the year you start to build yourself up
- Let go of Prejudice : negative assumptions about others only leads to resentment, bitterness and anger.
- Let go of compulsive thinking ... Maybe it is time to stop doing what you have always done
- Let go of the need for approval : confidence comes from inside, not from others
- Let go of Limiting Beliefs : self imposed limits and beliefs may be holding us back
- Let go of Grudges : believe it or not, unforgiveness hurts us more than the other person
- Let go of Procrastination : what do you want to begin in this next year. Do It.
- Let go of Anxiety : not always easy, but is there really something to be afraid of?
- Let go of Heartbreak ... don't keep on going over those obsessive thought. Time to live?
- Let go of Bad Memories : those stories we keep on telling ourselves to justify how we feel
- Let go of Useless Things : Is our life cluttered with lots of things we don't need?
- Let go of Bad Company : we are dragged down by the company we keep (French proverb)
- Let go of the belief that we are a product of our past and cannot change
- Let go of Job or Partner Identity : we are far far more than someone's partner or job role
- Let go of Bad Habits : don't 'try' to give up. Decide to give up and do something else instead
- Let go of Taking Things Personally : we, alone, decide who we are and who we are not
- Let go of The Ticking Clock : don't be ruled by what always needs to be done before tomorrow
Well, there are quite a few suggestions.
What will you change in the New year (although there is no reason you have to wait until then)?
For myself, I don't have New Year resolutions, but I do take time over Christmas to reflect on what I want to change or move towards in the next year. Sometimes I succeed. Sometimes I don't, and that too is OK.
Next year, I would like to spend more time exploring, meeting new people, being less assertive and more gentle, building up my faith, and a few other things.
What will you change?