Which ones did you find most interesting or meaningful?
Which did you agree with and not agree with (and why) ?
This was a Facebook question posed by Sungazing, the answers (or at least the best answers in my own opinion) appear below (unedited). What do you think?
What Is The Best Piece Of Advice That You Could Give To Somebody Right Now About Life and Love?
- Don't worry about finding the right person. Worry about BEING the right person. (:
- Don't look for love, it will find you. Focus on you and figuring out who your are, because if you don't truly know who you are how can someone truly fall in-love with you.
- If you've been with someone for a very long time, and you feel like you want to give up on them, think back to when you fell in love with them. Think of why, and how you felt, and who they were that made you fall so deeply. Think of that, and think of you together with them, that way. Those are words of advice from my 87 year old Grandmom, and I will never forget those words, or what it taught me.
- If you want unconditional love ..... get a dog ...
- Never re-act when you are angry or hurt! Wait at least 24 hrs, you will always re-act differently!
- What's done cannot be undone, what's said cannot be unsaid
- One of the best advice I read was from this poem...WOMAN WITH FLOWER: especially with my Children as they became adults making it on their own...
I wouldn't coax the plant if I were you,
Such watchful nurturing may do it harm.
Let the soil rest from so much digging
And wait until it's dry before you water it.
The leaf's inclined to find its own direction;
Give it a chance to seek the sunlight for itself.
Much growth is stunted by too careful prodding, Too eager tenderness.
The things we love we have to learn to leave alone.
- You can choose how you feel in this very moment. Happy or miserable; it's 100% up to you. You are creating your reality in your head, create it wisely. Find the positive in even the most difficult of situations, and life will start to get better simply because you're shifting your focus. Love: Don't expect love to be easy
And at this point I decided this was such a brilliant idea and such a long post, I decided to make it into a permanent page on my website, which you will find on the menu under the title 'Best Advice?'. (The question mark is very important).
Life or Death
This is from one of my Tumblr contacts called The Angry Therapist. Sometimes I think he talks alot of sense:
"It’s really simple. If you strip everything down, you are either living or dying.
You are obsessing about the future, dwelling on the past. Holding onto expired relationships. Eating like shit. Feeding addictions and unhealthy patterns. Not sleeping. Weighing yourself. You are assassinating people’s character, taking hostages (making other people feel bad because you’re not happy), dreading work, getting annoyed by everything and everyone, exuding negative energy, fighting everything, verbally vomiting, taking, see life as a prison. You are filled with anger instead of hope. You are deteriorating. You are dying. You are dark.
You are creating, building, investing in yourself as well as others (relationships that are meaningful to you). You are drawing healthy boundaries. You are allowing yourself to be heard. Expressing your truth. Dreaming. Facing fears. Not judging, expecting, or labelling You sweat, stretch, eat real food, drink lots of water, and make sure you get enough sleep. You love hard and forgive often. You stay in today and try to seek joy in what and who is in front of you instead of chasing images and material objects. You don’t tie ability to worth. Think different. Breathe. You are regenerating, evolving. You are living. You are giving. You are light.
When you are dying, the world gets very small. You lose your vision. Everything gets heavy. When you are living, the world gets very big. You have nothing but vision. Everything is bright.
You wake up every day and you have a choice. You can either live or die."
I think that's very cool.
You wake up every day and you have a choice.